Friday, April 20, 2007

Background Info Friday 4/20 1:33a.m.

I have been rambling on about my Methadone usage or lack of it, but haven't given any insight about how I was introduced to Methadone. I am a chronic pain patient. I have been involved in two car crashes; one very severe. My back suffered injuries in both the upper and lower regions. I spent a brief stint in a Methadone clinic due to "drug seeking". Thank God that I chose to get out of there very soon so that I didn't get too entrenched with Methadone. The thought of having to go six days a week to get my "fix" seemed only too bogus. I would endure my pain. I still had my pain. I finally got into a pain clinic which prescribed me tablet form Methadone for a month at a time. I also receive two Darvocet N100 tabs/day for pain along with muscle relaxants. My highest dose was 45mg of Meth. for months (year+?). I voluntarily chose to get off Meth. When I am off of Methadone, next to go will possibly be the Darvocet. I am now at 5gm. (meth) until the 23rd of April. Then I dose down to 2.5mg. I remember when I made the mistake of taking 2.5mg. instead of my usual 5mg. It was hell. Now I get to look forward to that pain both physical and mental. My pain doesn't get any better throughout this mess, it gets worse. It is my hope that they will reconsider allowing me to keep the Darvocet. I am a walking pharmacy. I have mental health issues as well which only complicate things much further. I am Bi-polar with schizo-affective disorder on top of everything else. I take Klonipin with anti-psych meds. I take Ambien CR to sleep. I take Vistaril for withdrawal symptoms. I take Senna to crap. At one point, my doctor was thinking about prescribing amphetamines to wake me up in the morning. Right now, I am hypo-manic which makes sleeping tough. I have a motor scooter. Tomorrow I want to buy a Honda Goldwing (used). A huge difference. I want to go to Sturgis. I don't know if I will dump the thing on my first trial run. Perhaps I will have enough presence of mind to be able to handle it. I am very fearful of 0mg. of Methadone. Now you know me more. "Without chemicals, life itself would be impossible." - Dow corp.

No comments: